Post TY Cúrsa 1 Mon 7th August – Fri 11th August
Post TY Cúrsa 2 Mon 14th August – Fri 18th August
• Catch up and get ahead by getting a great foundation in ORAL and WRITTEN IRISH.
• In a positive learning environment students will become confident in speaking and using Irish fluently and accurately.
• In addition, Brú Na Páirce’s excellent teachers will ensure that students have a solid understanding of GRAMMAR and how to use it effectively in essay composition and answering questions.
• At the end of the course, students will have bridged the gap between Junior Cycle and Senior Cycle Irish and will be well able for the challenge of the Leaving Cert Course.
• For further information about the course please contact Fiona on 086-3034998.
• Minimum grade C/Merit (Higher Level) in Junior Cycle Irish.
• As evidence, we require a photocopy of the student’s Junior Cycle Results Statement to be submitted with the application. NOTE: If the application is being submitted before the 2022 Junior Cycle results are issued, a photocopy of the student’s Junior Cycle Results Statement must be submitted subsequently by end Sept 2022.
• Students will be assigned to classes according to in-house assessments and the student’s Junior Cycle Irish grade.
• While every reasonable effort is made to accommodate each potential student, due to the intensive nature of the course and the physical constraints of our premises, it may not be possible to accommodate students who require special assistance or individual attention. If your child has such requirements, you should enquire with the Bainisteoir first to see if your child’s requirements can be met by the school.
• Brú na Páirce reserves the right of attendance on our courses.
Parents and students must read, understand and accept the policies and rules that are in the Policies section.
• It is imperative when your child commits to a Brú na Páirce course that he/she complete the full five days. Notes given are contingent on class attendance.
• Students make their own travel arrangements to/from Killarney.
• The management of Brú na Páirce is not responsible for students outside of school hours.
• Brú na Páirce will be holding pre-course Information Meetings in May 2023, which will take place online via Zoom (dates to be confirmed in due course). The course rules & format will be provided and explained at these meetings and attendance is mandatory for both the student and at least one parent.
• Mobile phones are strictly forbidden during course hours.
• N.B. Breaking of rules or undesirable attitude / behaviour will lead to immediate expulsion.
• Agreements must be made between parent and landlady, independent of Brú na Páirce. Landladies are responsible for all aspects of accommodation.
• Accommodation must be provisionally booked before any application is accepted (unless student is living locally).
• Driving of cars by students to and from classes/study is forbidden. Landladies are responsible for transporting their own students to and from the school premises.
• Maximum four students from the same school are permitted in one house. Landlady has the right to apply a lower maximum number per school.
• Onus is on parents to procure accommodation and ensure that students remain in their accommodation each evening.
• Cost of accommodation, including breakfast, packed lunch, evening meal and transport: €48 per night.
• Students are not allowed to stay in rented houses unless a parent is present.
The course fee is €450 and is payable in two parts:
i) €250 deposit payable with application
ii) €200 Balance of Course fee payable 3 weeks before the start of the course. Brú na Páirce will contact you in advance of that payment date with details.
• Cancellations made on/before January 15th 2023 will receive a refund of €175 on the deposit payment, i.e. forfeit an administration fee of €75.
• Cancellations made after January 15th 2023 and on/before April 16th 2023 will receive a refund of €125 on the deposit, i.e. forfeit administration fee of €125.
• Cancellations made after April 16th 2023 forfeit the full deposit of €250.
Brú na Páirce accepts payment by Bank Transfer, Cheque, Bank Draft and Postal Order as per the payment details provided in the application form. We do not take card payments.
Download the 2023 application form below
Post completed form (with copy of 3rd Year Final/Summer School Report) and deposit payment to:
Fíona Ní Laocha – Brú na Páirce
PO Box 13545
Fón: 086 303 4998
POSTED APPLICATIONS ONLY.
APPLICATIONS BY EMAIL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.