• Minimum grade C/Merit (Higher Level) Junior Cert/Cycle in Irish, English and one foreign language.
• As evidence we require a photocopy of Junior Certificate results issued by the Department of Education.
• Students will be assigned to classes according to in-house assessments and Junior Cert results.
• Given budget restrictions it is not possible to accommodate students who require special assistance or individual attention .
• It is imperative when your child commits to a Brú na Páirce course that he/she complete the full ten days. Notes given are contingent on class attendance.
• Students make their own travel arrangements. It is strongly recommended that students go home for the weekend mid-course.
• The management of Brú na Páirce is not responsible for students outside of school hours.
• In-house rules are provided and explained on arrival.
• Mobile phones strictly forbidden between 9am and 7pm.
• N.B. Breaking of rules or undesirable attitude / behaviour will lead to immediate expulsion.
• Agreements must be made between parent and landlady, independent of Brú na Páirce, landladies are responsible for all aspects of accommodation.
• Accommodation must be provisionally booked before any application is accepted unless student is living locally.
• Driving of cars by students to and from classes/study is forbidden. Landladies listed with "yes" for transport must bring and collect their own students.
• Onus is on parents to procure accommodation (SEE LIST) and ensure that students remain in their accommodation each evening.
• Cost of accommodation, including breakfast, packed lunch, evening meal and transport: €36 per night.
• Students are not allowed to stay in rented houses unless a parent is present. To download Accommodation Listing Click Here.
• Essay work 1½ hours
• Oral Work 1½ hours
• Poetry/Prose 1½ hours
• Grammar 1½ hours
• Study 3 hours
• Study is an integral part of the course
• ALL STUDENTS MUST ATTEND STUDY
Students must try to speak Irish at all times. 100% participation is required in all areas. Given budget restrictions it is not possible to accommodate students who require special assistance or individual attention.
• Sraith Pictiúr
• Loose leaf A4 paper, folder and dividers.
• Balance €300
Cúrsa 1 : 1/06/2020-12/06/2020 - BOOKED OUT!
Cúrsa 2 ; 15/06/2020-26/6/2020 - BOOKED OUT!
Cúrsa 3 : 27/07/2020-7/8/2020 - BOOKED OUT!
Cúrsa 4 : 10/08/2020-21/08/2020 - BOOKED OUT!
Ranganna & Staidéar/Class & Study: 9am - 7pm.
Briseadh / Breaks: 12pm - 12:30pm, 4:30pm - 5pm
Parents please note:
Clár Ama Dé hAoine / Timetable (Friday)
Ranganna / Classes: 9a.m - 3p.m
Níl aon staidéar - No study
Deposit of €400 (non-refundable) payable with application and balance of €300 on arrival.
Download the 2020 application form below.
Post completed form (with copy of Junior Cert/Cycle results) and deposit to:
Brú na Páirce,
Fón: 064 663 4396 / 086 303 4998