We hope this message finds you and your family healthy and well. While the COVID-19 Pandemic impacted our plans to deliver our Summer 2020 courses on site in Killarney, we were proud to have been able to ensure that student welfare and education remain at the core of Brú na Páirce by offering all of our Summer 2020 courses online.
The live streaming of Brú Na Páirce’s intensive two-week courses on the Zoom Educate platform to students located all over the country has been highly successful and we are pleased to announce that we will be offering a BRÚ NA PÁIRCE ONLINE course next summer for those who are unable to attend our onsite courses for any reason. Please click here for more information on our online courses.
It is our intention to run our onsite 2021 courses in our Killarney school, subject to National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET) and Government guidelines. We will continually be guided by public health advice and should the prevailing guidelines be such that it is deemed unsafe to deliver a scheduled course or courses onsite in Killarney, Brú Na Páirce will deliver the relevant courses online via our well-established live streaming platform.
Cúrsa 1 : 07/06/2021 - 18/06/2021 - Killarney- BOOKED OUT
Cúrsa 2 : 21/06/2021 - 02/07/2021 - Killarney
Cúrsa 3 : 05/07/2021 - 16/07/2020 - Online
Cúrsa 4 : 26/07/2021 - 06/08/2021 - Killarney
Cúrsa 5 : 09/08/2021 - 20/08/2021 - Killarney
• Minimum grade C/Merit (Higher Level) Junior Cert/Cycle1 in Irish, English and one foreign language.
• As evidence we require a photocopy of Junior Certificate results issued by the Department of Education1.
• Students will be assigned to classes according to in-house assessments and Junior Cert results1.
• While every reasonable effort is made to accommodate each potential student, due to the intensive nature of the course and the physical constraints of our premises, it may not be possible to accommodate students who require special assistance or individual attention. If your child has such requirements, you should enquire with the Bainisteoir first to see if your child’s requirements can be met by the school.
Parents and students must read, understand and accept the policies and rules that are in the Policies & Rules section
• It is imperative when your child commits to a Brú na Páirce course that he/she complete the full ten days. Notes given are contingent on class attendance.
• Students make their own travel arrangements. It is strongly recommended that students go home for the weekend mid-course.
• The management of Brú na Páirce is not responsible for students outside of school hours.
• In-house rules are provided and explained on arrival.
• Mobile phones are strictly forbidden during course hours.
• N.B. Breaking of rules or undesirable attitude / behaviour will lead to immediate expulsion.
• Agreements must be made between parent and landlady, independent of Brú na Páirce. Landladies are responsible for all aspects of accommodation.
• Accommodation must be provisionally booked before any application is accepted (unless student is living locally).
• Driving of cars by students to and from classes/study is forbidden. Landladies listed with "yes" for transport must bring and collect their own students.
• Onus is on parents to procure accommodation (SEE LIST) and ensure that students remain in their accommodation each evening.
• Cost of accommodation, including breakfast, packed lunch, evening meal and transport: €36 per night.
• Students are not allowed to stay in rented houses unless a parent is present. To download Accommodation Listing Click Here.
• Essay work 1½ hours
• Oral Work 1½ hours
• Poetry/Prose 1½ hours
• Grammar 1½ hours
• Study 3 hours
• Study is an integral part of the course
• ALL STUDENTS MUST ATTEND STUDY
Students must try to speak Irish at all times. 100% participation is required in all areas.
• Sraith Pictiúr
• Loose leaf A4 paper, folder and dividers.
• Balance €300
Ranganna & Staidéar/Class & Study: 9am - 7pm.
Briseadh / Breaks: 12pm - 12:30pm, 4:30pm - 5pm
Parents please note:
Clár Ama Dé hAoine / Timetable (Friday)
Ranganna / Classes: 9a.m - 3p.m
Níl aon staidéar - No study
* The Course Content and Timetable information provided above are based on our onsite Summer courses delivered in our premises in Killarney. In the event of a Summer course having to be delivered online, the same content is covered, however there may be some minor changes to the daily timetable.
Deposit of €400 (non-refundable) payable with application and balance of €300 on arrival.
Download the 2021 application form below.
Post completed form (with copy of Junior Cert/Cycle results1) and deposit to:
Brú na Páirce,
Fón: 086 303 4998
1 If your child was due to sit the Junior Certificate in June 2020, please provide a copy of their School Report Summer 2020 showing their grades for all subjects studied as part of the Junior Cycle. As part of our process for the grading of course classes, students who were due to sit the 2020 Junior Cert will be interviewed in advance of the course (online interview via Zoom).