Saturday 17th – Sunday 18th February 2024
• Minimum Merit grade (Higher Level) in French 5th Year Summer 2023 exam
• As evidence, we require a photocopy of the student’s 5th Year Summer 2023 School Report to be submitted with the completed application form
• Students will be assigned to classes according their 5th Year Summer exam grade
• While every reasonable effort is made to accommodate each potential student, due to the intensive nature of the course and the physical constraints of our premises, it may not be possible to accommodate students who require special assistance or individual attention. If your child has such requirements, you should enquire with the Bainisteoir first to see if your child’s requirements can be met by the school.
• Brú na Páirce reserves the right of attendance on our courses.
Parents and students must read, understand and accept the policies and rules that are in the Policies section.
• It is imperative when your child commits to a Brú na Páirce course that he/she complete the full course. Notes given are contingent on class attendance.
• The management of Brú na Páirce is not responsible for students outside of school hours.
• Mobile phones are strictly forbidden during course hours.
• N.B. Breaking of rules or undesirable attitude / behaviour will lead to immediate expulsion.
• Should prevailing Government public health restrictions and guidance deem it unsafe to deliver a scheduled onsite course in Killarney, Brú na Páirce will deliver the course online and the same terms & conditions apply.
Agreements must be made between parent and landlady, independent of Brú na Páirce. Landladies are responsible for all aspects of accommodation.
• Accommodation must be provisionally booked before any application can be accepted by Brú na Páirce (unless student is living locally).
• Onus is on parents to procure accommodation and ensure that students remain in their accommodation each evening.
• Driving of cars by students to and from classes/study is forbidden. Landladies are responsible for transporting their own students to and from the school premises.
• Maximum four students from the same school are permitted in one house.
• Landlady has the right to apply a lower maximum number per school.
• Cost of accommodation including breakfast, packed lunch, evening meal and transport: €48 per night.
• Deposit of full fee of €96 (for two nights) must be paid to Landlady at time of booking.
• Students are not allowed to stay in rented houses unless a parent is present.
• Students are NOT ALLOWED to socialise in Killarney while doing the course and Brú na Páirce has a zero tolerance policy towards alcohol and drugs. The Landlady is not to be asked for permission to socialise during the course. Parents and students have accepted these rules as per their signature on the application form.
• ‘Une photo / Des photos’ pour ‘le document’ - Photo(s) for the optional ‘document’ as part of the oral examination if you have chosen to do one
• A4 file folder with dividers for course notes
• A4 Refill (no spirals/wire bound)
• Pens, pencils and highlighters
• The course fee is €200 payable in full with application.
• Cancellations made on/before January 14th 2024 will receive a refund of €125 on the fee payment, i.e. forfeit an administration fee of €75. Cancellations made after January 14th forfeit the full fee.
• Brú na Páirce accepts payment by Bank Transfer, Cheque, Bank Draft and Postal Order as per the payment details provided in the application form. Please note that we do not take card payments.
Download the 2024 application form below
Post completed form (with copy of Third Year Final/Summer School Report) and deposit to:
Fíona Ní Laocha – Brú na Páirce
PO Box 13545
Fón: 087 269 3273 (Fiona Brosnan)
POSTED APPLICATIONS ONLY.
APPLICATIONS BY EMAIL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.