We are pleased to announce that we will be offering a BRÚ NA PÁIRCE ONLINE course next summer for those who are unable to attend our onsite courses. Our Summer 2021 Online course will be based on the very successful Summer 2020 courses which were delivered online in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our online courses are fully live, interactive and intensive classes streamed to students located all over the country via the Zoom Educate platform. The live streaming of our Summer 2020 courses has been highly successful as evidenced by:
• 90% of pre-COVID bookings proceeded to complete the course
• Very positive feedback from students and parents, with 94% of students stating they would recommend the course to their peers (per end-of-course survey)
• High level of interest already in future online course offerings by Brú Na Páirce
Some of the key features of the course delivered online are:
• Full coverage of the Leaving Certificate course equal to that of our onsite courses with over 10 hours of intensive classes for each of the four subject areas: Essays, Oral, Prose/Poetry and Grammar
• Fully interactive Oral Irish classes with continuous teacher feedback
• Regular student group interaction and discussion on Oral Irish topics through use of Zoom Breakout rooms
• Individual 1:1 Oral Irish session for every student with feedback on how to improve in the coming school year
• Supervised study session online with support available on-demand
• Same-day turnaround on tests and evening homework corrected by following morning
• Minimum grade C/Merit (Higher Level) Junior Cert/Cycle1 in Irish, English and one foreign language.
• As evidence we require a photocopy of Junior Certificate results issued by the Department of Education1.
• Students will be assigned to classes according to Junior Cert results1 and in-house assessments.
• While every reasonable effort is made to accommodate each potential student, due to the intensive nature of the course, it may not be possible to accommodate students who require special assistance or individual attention. If your child has such requirements, you should enquire with the Bainisteoir first to see if your child’s requirements can be met by the school.
• Parents and students must read, understand and accept the policies and rules that are in the Policies & Rules section.
• It is imperative when your child commits to a Brú na Páirce course that he/she complete the full ten days. Notes given are contingent on class attendance.
• Course rules are provided and explained on the mandatory Course Induction session livestreamed on Zoom in the week before commences.
• Mobile phones are strictly forbidden during course hours.
• N.B. Breaking of rules or undesirable attitude / behaviour will lead to immediate expulsion.
• Essay work 1¼ hours
• Oral Work 1¼ hours
• Poetry/Prose 1¼ hours
• Grammar 1¼ hours
• Supervised Study 1½ hours
• Supervised Study is an integral part of the course
• ALL STUDENTS MUST ATTEND STUDY
Students must try to speak Irish at all times. 100% participation is required in all areas.
Ranganna & Staidéar/Class & Study: 9am – 5:15pm.
Briseadh / Breaks: 10 minute breaks between classes; Lunch ½ hour; ½ hour break before Supervised Study
Parents please note:
Clár Ama Dé hAoine / Timetable (Friday)
Ranganna / Classes: 9am – 3:15p.m
Níl aon staidéar - No study
* The Course Content and Timetable information provided above are based on our onsite Summer courses delivered in our premises in Killarney. In the event of a Summer course having to be delivered online, the same content is covered, however there may be some minor changes to the daily timetable.
Deposit of €400 (non-refundable) payable with application.
Balance of €300 payable two weeks in advance of course commencement.
Post completed form (with copy of Junior Cert/Cycle results1) and deposit to:
Brú na Páirce,
Fón: 086 303 4998
1 If your child was due to sit the Junior Certificate in June 2020, please provide a copy of their School Report Summer 2020 showing their grades for all subjects studied as part of the Junior Cycle. As part of our process for the grading of course classes, students who were due to sit the 2020 Junior Cert will be interviewed in advance of the course (online interview via Zoom).