• Minimum grade C/Merit (Higher Level) in Third Year Final/Summer School Report in Irish, English and one foreign language
• As evidence we require:
i) A photocopy of the student’s Third Year Final/Summer School Report to be submitted with the completed application form.
ii) A photocopy of the student’s JCPA certificate to be submitted when it becomes available from the student’s school (by Christmas 2021 at the latest).
• Students will be assigned to classes according to in-house assessments and Third Year Final/Summer School Report grades.
• While every reasonable effort is made to accommodate each potential student, due to the intensive nature of the course and the physical constraints of our premises, it may not be possible to accommodate students who require special assistance or individual attention. If your child has such requirements, you should enquire with the Bainisteoir first to see if your child’s requirements can be met by the school.
Parents and students must read, understand and accept the policies and rules that are in the Policies & Rules section
• It is imperative when your child commits to a Brú na Páirce course that he/she complete the full ten days. Notes given are contingent on class attendance.
• Students make their own travel arrangements. It is strongly recommended that students go home for the weekend mid-course.
• The management of Brú na Páirce is not responsible for students outside of school hours.
• In-house rules are provided and explained on arrival.
• Mobile phones are strictly forbidden during course hours.
• N.B. Breaking of rules or undesirable attitude / behaviour will lead to immediate expulsion.
• Agreements must be made between parent and landlady, independent of Brú na Páirce. Landladies are responsible for all aspects of accommodation.
• Accommodation must be provisionally booked before any application is accepted (unless student is living locally).
• Driving of cars by students to and from classes/study is forbidden. Landladies are responsible for transporting their own students to and from the school premises.
• Onus is on parents to procure accommodation and ensure that students remain in their accommodation each evening.
• Cost of accommodation, including breakfast, packed lunch, evening meal and transport: €36 per night.
• Students are not allowed to stay in rented houses unless a parent is present.
• Essay work 1½ hours
• Oral Work 1½ hours
• Poetry/Prose 1½ hours
• Grammar 1½ hours
• Study 3 hours
• Study is an integral part of the course
• ALL STUDENTS MUST ATTEND STUDY
Students must try to speak Irish at all times. 100% participation is required in all areas.
• Sraith Pictiúr
• Loose leaf A4 paper, folder and dividers.
Ranganna & Staidéar/Class & Study: 9am - 7pm.
Briseadh / Breaks: 12pm - 12:30pm, 4:30pm - 5pm
Parents please note:
Clár Ama Dé hAoine / Timetable (Friday)
Ranganna / Classes: 9a.m - 3p.m
Níl aon staidéar - No study
Total Fee €700
Deposit of €400 (non-refundable) payable with application. Balance of €300 is due 3 weeks prior to course start date and Brú Na Páirce will provide payment details in advance.
Download the 2022 application form below
Post completed form (with copy of Third Year Final/Summer School Report) and deposit to:
Brú Na Páirce
Fón: 086 303 4998
POSTED APPLICATIONS ONLY.
APPLICATIONS BY EMAIL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
* Subject to Government public health guidelines deeming it safe to deliver courses onsite in Killarney. In the event that prevailing Government COVID-19 restrictions preclude Brú Na Páirce from holding an onsite course in Killarney, that course will be delivered online via our well-established livestreaming platform. The same terms and conditions apply to the online course as to the onsite course (e.g. the deposit payment is non-refundable).