• Minimum grade C/Merit (Higher Level) in 3rd Year Final/Summer School Report in Irish, English and one foreign language.
• Students will also be required to provide a copy of their 5th Year Christmas 2022 School Report showing their grade for Irish, which will be used as part of our class grading system for the course.
• As evidence, we require:
i) A photocopy of the student’s 3rd Year Final/Summer School Report to be submitted with the completed application form showing the student’s grades in all subjects.
ii) A photocopy of the student’s 5th Year Christmas 2022 report.
• Students will be assigned to classes according to in-house assessments and 3rd Year Final & 5th Year Christmas grades.
• While every reasonable effort is made to accommodate each potential student, due to the intensive nature of the course and the physical constraints of our premises, it may not be possible to accommodate students who require special assistance or individual attention. If your child has such requirements, you should enquire with the Bainisteoir first to see if your child’s requirements can be met by the school.
• Brú na Páirce reserves the right of attendance on our courses.
Parents and students must read, understand and accept the policies and rules that are in the Policies section.
• It is imperative when your child commits to a Brú na Páirce course that he/she complete the full ten days. Notes given are contingent on class attendance.
• Students make their own travel arrangements. It is strongly recommended that students go home for the weekend mid-course.
• The management of Brú na Páirce is not responsible for students outside of school hours.
• Brú na Páirce will be holding pre-course Information Meetings in May 2023, which will take place online via Zoom (dates to be confirmed in due course). The course rules & format will be provided and explained at these meetings and attendance is mandatory for both the student and at least one parent.
• Mobile phones are strictly forbidden during course hours.
• N.B. Breaking of rules or undesirable attitude / behaviour will lead to immediate expulsion.
• Agreements must be made between parent and landlady, independent of Brú na Páirce. Landladies are responsible for all aspects of accommodation.
• Accommodation must be provisionally booked before any application is accepted (unless student is living locally).
• Driving of cars by students to and from classes/study is forbidden. Landladies are responsible for transporting their own students to and from the school premises.
• Maximum four students from the same school are permitted in one house. Landlady has the right to apply a lower maximum number per school.
• Onus is on parents to procure accommodation and ensure that students remain in their accommodation each evening.
• Cost of accommodation, including breakfast, packed lunch, evening meal and transport: €48 per night.
• Students are not allowed to stay in rented houses unless a parent is present.
Accommodation Listing Cúrsa 1 | Accommodation Listing Cúrsa 2
Accommodation Listing Cúrsa 3 | Accommodation Listing Cúrsa 4
• Essay Work 1.25 hours
• Oral Work 1.25 hours
• Poetry/Prose 1.25 hours
• Grammar 1.25 hours
• Study 2 hours
• Study is an integral part of the course and ALL STUDENTS MUST ATTEND STUDY.
Students must try to speak Irish at all times. 100% participation is required in all areas.
• Sraith Pictiúr 2024 (printed)
• An A4 pad (no spirals)
• A folder and dividers for notes
• Pens, pencils and highlighters
Ranganna & Staidéar / Class & Study: 9am – 7pm.
Briseadh / Breaks: 10 minutes between classes; Lunch 12pm – 12:30pm, Pre-Study Break 4:30pm – 5pm.
Parents please note:
Clár Ama Dé hAoine / Timetable (Friday)
Ranganna / Classes: 9a.m – 3p.m
Níl aon staidéar – No study on Fridays
The course fee is €700 and is payable in two parts:
i) €400 deposit payable with application
ii) €300 Balance of Course fee payable 3 weeks before the start of the course. Brú na Páirce will contact you in advance of that payment date with details.
• Cancellations made on/before April 16th 2023 will receive a refund of €200 on the deposit, i.e. forfeit administration fee of €200.
• Cancellations made after April 16th 2023 forfeit the full deposit of €400.
Brú na Páirce accepts payment by Bank Transfer, Cheque, Bank Draft and Postal Order as per the payment details provided in the application form. We do not take card payments.
Download the 2023 application form below
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM
Post completed form (with copy of 3rd Year Final/Summer School Report) and deposit payment to:
Fíona Ní Laocha – Brú na Páirce
PO Box 13545
Fón: 086 303 4998
POSTED APPLICATIONS ONLY.
APPLICATIONS BY EMAIL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.