• Minimum Merit grade (Higher Level) in Junior Cycle Irish, English and one foreign language
• As evidence, we require a photocopy of the student’s Junior Cycle Results Statement to be submitted with the completed application form showing the student’s grades in all subjects.
• Students will also be required to submit with the application a copy of their 5th Year Christmas 2023 School Report (or nearest equivalent if their school doesn't hold Christmas exams) showing the grade achieved in Irish.
• Students will be assigned to classes according to in-house assessments and their Junior Cycle & 5th Year Christmas Irish grades
• While every reasonable effort is made to accommodate each potential student, due to the intensive nature of the course and the physical constraints of our premises, it may not be possible to accommodate students who require special assistance or individual attention. If your child has such requirements, you should enquire with the Bainisteoir first to see if your child’s requirements can be met by the school.
• Brú na Páirce reserves the right of attendance on our courses.
Parents and students must read, understand and accept the policies and rules that are in the Policies section.
• It is imperative when your child commits to a Brú na Páirce course that he/she complete the full ten days. Notes given are contingent on class attendance.
• Students make their own travel arrangements. It is strongly recommended that students go home for the weekend mid-course.
• The management of Brú na Páirce is not responsible for students outside of school hours.
• Brú na Páirce will be holding pre-course Information Meetings in May 2024, which will take place online via Zoom (dates to be confirmed in due course). The course rules & format will be provided and explained at these meetings and attendance is mandatory for both the student and at least one parent.
• Mobile phones are strictly forbidden during course hours.
• N.B. Breaking of rules or undesirable attitude / behaviour will lead to immediate expulsion.
• Should prevailing Government public health restrictions and guidance deem it unsafe to deliver a scheduled onsite course in Killarney, Brú na Páirce will deliver the course online and the same terms & conditions apply.
Agreements must be made between parent and landlady, independent of Brú na Páirce. Landladies are responsible for all aspects of accommodation.
• Accommodation must be provisionally booked before any application can be accepted by Brú na Páirce (unless student is living locally).
• Onus is on parents to procure accommodation and ensure that students remain in their accommodation each evening.
• Driving of cars by students to and from classes/study is forbidden. Landladies are responsible for transporting their own students to and from the school premises.
• Maximum four students from the same school are permitted in one house.
• Landlady has the right to apply a lower maximum number per school.
• Cost of accommodation including breakfast, packed lunch, evening meal and transport: €48 per night.
• Deposit of €96 must be paid to Landlady at time of booking.
• Balance of accommodation cost must be paid to Landlady no later than 3 weeks before the course start date.
• Students are not allowed to stay in rented houses unless a parent is present.
• Students are NOT ALLOWED to socialise in Killarney while doing the course and Brú na Páirce has a zero tolerance policy towards alcohol and drugs. The Landlady is not to be asked for permission to socialise during the course. Parents and students have accepted these rules as per their signature on the application form.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD ACCOMMODATION LISTING
• Aistí/Essay Work 1.25 hours
• Béaltriail Oral Work 1.25 hours
• Filíocht/Poetry & Prose 1.25 hours
• Léamhthuiscint/Reading Comprehension 1.25 hours
• Gramadach/Grammar 1.25 hours
• Staidéar/Study 2 hours
• Study is an integral part of the course and ALL STUDENTS MUST ATTEND STUDY.
Students must try to speak Irish at all times. 100% participation is required in all areas.
• A blank set of Sraith Pictiúr 2025. These must be downloaded from www.examinations.ie (Sraitheanna Pictiúr 2025). It is the students responsibility to download and print these.
• A4 file folder with dividers for course notes
• A4 Refill (no spirals/wire bound)
• Pens, pencils and highlighters
Monday – Thursday/ Luan-Déardaoin
Ranganna & Staidéar / Class & Study: 9am – 7pm.
Briseadh / Breaks: 10 minutes between classes; Lunch 12pm – 12:30pm, Pre-Study Break 4:30pm – 5pm.
Clár Ama Dé hAoine / Timetable (Friday)
Ranganna / Classes: 9a.m – 3p.m
Níl aon staidéar – No study on Fridays
• The course fee is €700 payable in two parts:
i) €400 deposit payable with application
ii) €300 Balance of Course fee payable 3 weeks before the start of the course.
• Cancellations made on/before January 31st 2024 will receive a refund of €325 on the deposit payment, i.e. forfeit an administration fee of €75.
• Cancellations made after January 31st 2024 and on/before April 14th 2024 will receive a refund of €200 on the deposit, i.e. forfeit administration fee of €200.
• Cancellations made after April 14th 2024 forfeit the full deposit of €400.
Brú na Páirce accepts payment by Bank Transfer, Cheque, Bank Draft and Postal Order as per the payment details provided in the application form. Please note that we do not take card payments.
Download the 2024 application form below
Post completed form (with copy of Junior Cycle Results Statement and 5th Year Christmas 2023 School Report) and deposit payment to:
Fíona Ní Laocha – Brú na Páirce
PO Box 13545
Fón: 086 303 4998 (Fiona Ní Laocha)
POSTED APPLICATIONS ONLY.
APPLICATIONS BY EMAIL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.