Monday 25th March – Friday 29th March 2024
• The aim of this course is to give students the opportunity to revise and prepare for their Higher Level Junior Cycle written exams in the core subjects of IRISH, ENGLISH AND MATHS.
• Students will consolidate all they have learned during the Junior Cycle in exam-focused classes and tutorials.
• Each 1½ hour class will be taught by our exceptional teachers using exam-focused notes. Each class will be followed by a one-hour Assisted-Learning Tutorial in each subject, during which students will be shown how to study the notes given in class and how to use the information learned to answer sample exam questions.
• During the tutorials, students will work through study strategies and exam techniques under the guidance of the teacher. They will have ample opportunity to ask questions and interact with the teacher while they practice for the exam.
• First class starts at 9am each day
• 1½ hour class followed 1 hour tutorial in each of the 3 subjects each day
• 15 minute break between classes and 30 minute lunch break
• Course finishes at 7pm Monday to Thursday and at 3pm on Friday
• PLEASE NOTE THAT THE COURSE TIMETABLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Parents and students must read, understand and accept the policies and rules that are in the Policies section.
• It is imperative when your child commits to a Brú na Páirce course that he/she complete the full five days. Notes given are contingent on class attendance.
• Students make their own travel arrangements. It is strongly recommended that students go home for the weekend mid-course.
• The management of Brú na Páirce is not responsible for students outside of school hours.
• Brú na Páirce will be holding pre-course Information Meetings in early March 2024, which will take place online via Zoom (dates to be confirmed in due course). The course rules & format will be provided and explained at these meetings and attendance is mandatory for both the student and at least one parent.
• Mobile phones are strictly forbidden during course hours.
• N.B. Breaking of rules or undesirable attitude / behaviour will lead to immediate expulsion.
• Should prevailing Government public health restrictions and guidance deem it unsafe to deliver a scheduled onsite course in Killarney, Brú na Páirce will deliver the course online and the same terms & conditions apply.
Agreements must be made between parent and landlady, independent of Brú na Páirce. Landladies are responsible for all aspects of accommodation.
• Accommodation must be provisionally booked before any application can be accepted by Brú na Páirce (unless student is living locally).
• Onus is on parents to procure accommodation and ensure that students remain in their accommodation each evening.
• Driving of cars by students to and from classes/study is forbidden. Landladies are responsible for transporting their own students to and from the school premises.
• Maximum four students from the same school are permitted in one house.
• Landlady has the right to apply a lower maximum number per school.
• Cost of accommodation including breakfast, packed lunch, evening meal and transport: €48 per night.
• Deposit of €96 must be paid to Landlady at time of booking.
• Balance of accommodation cost must be paid to Landlady no later than 3 weeks before the course start date.
• Students are not allowed to stay in rented houses unless a parent is present.
• Students are NOT ALLOWED to socialise in Killarney while doing the course and Brú na Páirce has a zero tolerance policy towards alcohol and drugs. The Landlady is not to be asked for permission to socialise during the course. Parents and students have accepted these rules as per their signature on the application form.
The course fee is €500 payable in two parts:
i) €300 deposit payable with application
ii) €200 Balance of Course fee payable 3 weeks before the start of the course.
• Cancellations made on/before December 31st 2023 will receive a refund of €225 on the deposit, i.e. forfeit administration fee of €75..
• Cancellations made after December 31st 2023 and on/before February 25th 2024 will receive a refund of €150, i.e. forfeit administration fee of €150.
• Cancellations made after February 25th 2024 forfeit the full deposit of €300.
Brú na Páirce accepts payment by Bank Transfer, Cheque, Bank Draft and Postal Order as per the payment details provided in the application form. Please note that we do not take card payments.
Download the 2024 application form below.
Post completed form (with copy of Junior Cycle Results Statement) and deposit payment to:
Fíona Ní Laocha – Brú na Páirce
PO Box 13545
Fón: 086 303 4998 (Fiona Ní Laocha)
POSTED APPLICATIONS ONLY.
APPLICATIONS BY EMAIL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.