Brú Na Páirce is delighted to launch its new online French Higher-Level Leaving Certificate course. Building on our 20 years of experience in providing highly-regarded intensive Irish Leaving Cert courses, we will be delivering a similarly-designed French course this Summer:
• Intensive 6-day online course covering the full French Leaving Certificate curriculum
• Course will be livestreamed via our well-established online service built on the Zoom Educate platform
• Fee: €400 payable in two instalments - €200 non-refundable deposit with application and €200 balance payable by Friday 18th June.
• Minimum grade C/Merit (Higher Level) Junior Cert/Cycle1 in French and English
• As evidence we require a photocopy of Junior Certificate results issued by the Department of Education1
• Students will be assigned to classes according to in-house assessments and Junior Cert results1
• While every reasonable effort is made to accommodate each potential student, due to the intensive nature of the course, it may not be possible to accommodate students who require special assistance or individual attention. If your child has such requirements, you should enquire with the Bainisteoir first to see if your child’s requirements can be met by the school.
• Parents and students must read, understand and accept the policies and rules that are in the Policies & Rules section
• It is imperative when your child commits to this Brú na Páirce course that he/she complete the full six days. Notes given are contingent on class attendance.
• The management of Brú na Páirce is not responsible for students outside of school hours
• In-house rules are provided and explained on commencement of the course
• Mobile phones are strictly forbidden during course hours
• N.B. Breaking of rules or undesirable attitude / behaviour will lead to immediate expulsion.
• Reading Comprehension & Grammar 1¼ hours
• Written Expression 1¼ hours
• Oral 1¼ hours
• Aural/Listening Comprehension 1¼ hours (for 3 of the 6 days)
• Study 1½ hours
• Study is an integral part of the course. ALL STUDENTS MUST ATTEND THE STUDY SESSION
• Each student will receive an individual 1:1 Oral mock session during the week and will be provided with feedback on how to improve for their Oral French Examination.
• Students must try to speak French at all times. 100% participation is required in all areas.
• Class & Study: 9am – 5:15pm
• Breaks: 10-minute breaks between classes; Lunch ½ hour; ½ hour break before Supervised Study
• Please note: On the final day of the course (Saturday), there will not be a study session and the course finishes at 3:15pm.
• ‘Le document’ if you have chosen one for the Leaving Cert Oral examination
• Loose leaf A4 paper, folder and dividers.
€400 payable in two instalments:
- €200 non-refundable deposit with application
- €200 balance payable by Friday 18th June.
• Download the 2021 application form by clicking on the link below
• Applications must be posted to our Killarney address. Emailed applications will not be accepted.
• Post completed form (with copy of Junior Cert/Cycle results1) and €200 deposit payment to:
An Bainisteoir Brú na Páirce, Park Road, Killarney, Co. Kerry. V93 H9PC Phone: 087-2693273
1 If your child was due to sit the Junior Certificate in June 2020, please provide a copy of their School Report Summer 2020 showing their grades for all subjects studied as part of the Junior Cycle. As part of our process for the grading of course classes, students who were due to sit the 2020 Junior Cert will be interviewed in advance of the course (online interview via Zoom).